If you search for the word work in the Koran you will just get a list of entries basically saying that Muslims should do good works or religious works. This basically consists of prayer and paying taxes and doing violent jihad to capture slaves and so avoid doing real work:
- [2.148] And every one has a direction to which he should turn, therefore hasten to (do) good works; wherever you are, Allah will bring you all together; surely Allah has power over all things.
- [2.217] They ask you concerning the sacred month about fighting in it. Say: Fighting in it is a grave matter, and hindering (men) from Allah’s way and denying Him, and (hindering men from) the Sacred Mosque and turning its people out of it, are still graver with Allah, and persecution is graver than slaughter; and they will not cease fighting with you until they turn you back from your religion, if they can; and whoever of you turns back from his religion, then he dies while an unbeliever– these it is whose works shall go for nothing in this world and the hereafter, and they are the inmates of the fire; therein they shall abide.
- [3.22] Those are they whose works shall become null in this world as well as the hereafter, and they shall have no helpers.
- [3.195] So their Lord accepted their prayer: That I will not waste the work of a worker among you, whether male or female, the one of you being from the other; they, therefore, who fled and were turned out of their homes and persecuted in My way and who fought and were slain, I will most certainly cover their evil deeds, and I will most certainly make them enter gardens beneath which rivers flow; a reward from Allah, and with Allah is yet better reward.
- [5.5] This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.
- [5.63] Why do not the learned men and the doctors of law prohibit them from their speaking of what is sinful and their eating of what is unlawfully acquired? Certainly evil is that which they work.
- [5.90] O you who believe! intoxicants and games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up and (dividing by) arrows are only an uncleanness, the Shaitan’s work; shun it therefore that you may be successful.
- [8.48] And when the Shaitan made their works fair seeming to them, and said: No one can overcome you this day, and surely I am your protector: but when the two parties came in sight of each other he turned upon his heels, and said: Surely I am clear of you, surely I see what you do not see, surely I fear Allah; and Allah is severe in requiting (evil).
- [9.69] Like those before you; they were stronger than you in power and more abundant in wealth and children, so they enjoyed their portion; thus have you enjoyed your portion as those before you enjoyed their portion; and you entered into vain discourses like the vain discourses in which entered those before you. These are they whose works are null in this world and the hereafter, and these are they who are the losers.
- [9.105] And say: Work; so Allah will see your work and (so will) His Apostle and the believers; and you shall be brought back to the Knower of the unseen and the seen, then He will inform you of what you did.
- [9.120] It did not beseem the people of Medina and those round about them of the dwellers of the desert to remain behind the Apostle of Allah, nor should they desire (anything) for themselves in preference to him; this is because there afflicts them not thirst or fatigue or hunger in Allah’s way, nor do they tread a path which enrages the unbelievers, nor do they attain from the enemy what they attain, but a good work is written down to them on account of it; surely Allah does not waste the reward of the doers of good;
- [10.41] And if they call you a liar, say: My work is for me and your work for you; you are clear of what I do and I am clear of what you do.
- [10.61] And you are not (engaged) in any affair, nor do you recite concerning it any portion of the Quran, nor do you do any work but We are witnesses over you when you enter into it, and there does not lie concealed from your Lord the weight of an atom in the earth or in the heaven, nor any thing less than that nor greater, but it is in a clear book.
- [10.81] So when they cast down, Musa said to them: What you have brought is deception; surely Allah will make it naught; surely Allah does not make the work of mischief-makers to thrive.
- [18.7] Surely We have made whatever is on the earth an embellishment for it, so that We may try them (as to) which of them is best in works.
- [18.30] Surely (as for) those who believe and do good, We do not waste the reward of him who does a good work.
- [18.46] Wealth and children are an adornment of the life of this world; and the ever-abiding, the good works, are better with your Lord in reward and better in expectation.
- [18.79] As for the boat, it belonged to (some) poor men who worked on the river and I wished that I should damage it, and there was behind them a king who seized every boat by force.
- [18.95] He said: That in which my Lord has established me is better, therefore you only help me with workers, I will make a fortified barrier between you and them;
- [18.104] (These are) they whose labor is lost in this world’s life and they think that they are well versed in skill of the work of hands.
- [19.76] And Allah increases in guidance those who go aright; and ever-abiding good works are with your Lord best in recompense and best in yielding fruit.
- [20.112] And whoever does good works and he is a believer, he shall have no fear of injustice nor of the withholding of his due.
- [21.82] And of the rebellious people there were those who dived for him and did other work besides that, and We kept guard over them;
- [25.45] Have you not considered (the work of) your Lord, how He extends the shade? And if He had pleased He would certainly have made it stationary; then We have made the sun an indication of it
- [29.4] Or do they who work evil think that they will escape Us? Evil is it that they judge!
- [29.58] And (as for) those who believe and do good, We will certainly give them abode in the high places in gardens beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein; how good the reward of the workers:
- [34.12] And (We made) the wind (subservient) to Sulaiman, which made a month’s journey in the morning and a month’s journey m the evening, and We made a fountain of molten copper to flow out for him, and of the jinn there were those who worked before him by the command of his Lord; and whoever turned aside from Our command from among them, We made him taste of the punishment of burning.
- [37.61] For the like of this then let the workers work.
- [37.102] And when he attained to working with him, he said: O my son! surely I have seen in a dream that I should sacrifice you; consider then what you see. He said: O my father! do what you are commanded; if Allah please, you will find me of the patient ones.
- [39.39] Say: O my people! work in your place, surely I am a worker, so you will come to know.
- [39.65] And certainly, it has been revealed to you and to those before you: Surely if you associate (with Allah), your work would certainly come to naught and you would certainly be of the losers.
- [39.74] And they shall say: (All) praise is due to Allah, Who has made good to us His promise, and He has made us inherit the land; we may abide in the garden where we please; so goodly is the reward of the workers.
- [41.5] And they say: Our hearts are under coverings from that to which you call us, and there is a heaviness in our ears, and a veil hangs between us and you, so work, we too are working.
- [47.1] (As for) those who disbelieve and turn away from Allah’s way, He shall render their works ineffective.
- [47.3] That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, and have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.
- [47.14] What! is he who has a clear argument from his Lord like him to whom the evil of his work is made fairseeming: and they follow their low desires.
- [52.21] And (as for) those who believe and their offspring follow them in faith, We will unite with them their offspring and We will not diminish to them aught of their work; every man is responsible for what he shall have wrought.
- [58.10] Secret counsels are only (the work) of the Shaitan that he may cause to grieve those who believe, and he cannot hurt them in the least except with Allah’s permission, and on Allah let the believers rely.
- [99.6] On that day men shall come forth in sundry bodies that they may be shown their works.
You will look in vain for the command to work as given in the bible:
|… Six days shalt thou work, the seventh day thou shalt cease to plough, and to reap. …
//biblehub.com/exodus/34-21.htm – 18k
|… Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: …. …
//biblehub.com/exodus/20-9.htm – 16k
|… Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work; …. …
//biblehub.com/deuteronomy/5-13.htm – 16k
|… Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day is a solemn
assembly to Jehovah thy God; thou shalt do no work. …
//biblehub.com/deuteronomy/16-8.htm – 18k
|… Six days thou shalt work: the seventh day thou shalt cease, that thy ox and thy
ass may rest: and the son of thy handmaid and the stranger may be refreshed. …
//biblehub.com/exodus/23-12.htm – 19k